Promoting professionalism and excellence in the practice of Mediation.
Included in this directory are RI Advanced Mediators, designated by the following trademark
Achieving the Advanced Mediator™ status of the Rhode Island Mediators Association means:
The Mediator has demonstrated an active interest and competency in mediation as evidenced by the fulfillment of criteria and standards as established by the RIMA Board and its Directors.
The Mediator has training and substantial experience and is able to handle complex matters relating to custody and support of children, property division and alimony or spousal support.
The Mediator is recognized by the Rhode Island Mediators Association as a leading practitioner in the area of mediation.
The Mediator has demonstrated substantial involvement in the field of mediation and has endeavored to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of mediation in Rhode Island.
These individuals displaying this logo have met the highest standards for training and experience including:
- 40 hours of basic mediation training
- At least 3 years of supervised mediation/ training
- Over 150 hours of experience mediating
- Advanced degree or comparable education and training
- Continuing Education that meets the standards of the Rhode Island Mediators Association (currently 10 hours per year in general and specialty practice areas)
- Mediator Professional Liability Insurance
- Commitment to the Rhode Island Mediators Association Mediation Standards, including: abiding by the Model Standards of Conduct for Mediators as approved by the AAA, ABA, ACR and Rhode Island Mediators Association; being committed to feedback and evaluation by clients; and mentoring and/or assisting new mediators.
We have provided links to the websites of our mediators and listed the specialty areas in which they practice.
Should you have any questions regarding our listing, you may contact the Rhode Island Mediators Association at